2020 Olivier Leflaive Pernand-Vergelesses Rouge, Burgundy, France

This wine truly comes alive in the glass, overflowing with energetic cherry and red fruits with a hint of spice and clove.



Pernand-Vergelesses is the most northern village of Côte de Beaune in Burgundy.

After hand harvesting, the grapes are carefully sorted in order to keep only the healthy grapes at an optimal ripeness. 80% of the grapes are destemmed leaving 20% whole. Expect a bit of earthy greenness to show from this vintage. This wine is filtered for a clean appearance and taste. This pinot noir is then aged for 16 months; 4 months in stainless steel tank, and one year in oak barrels (20% of new oak).


The philosophy of Olivier Leflaive is to produce simply great wines. There are no secrets to this – everything starts in the vines with good grapes. Olivier, Franck and their team are lucky to have strong relationships with some of the best winegrowers on the Côte, people who grow their vines with care and attention.

Although the quality of the harvest is key, vinification and ageing also play a major role in bringing out the essence of each appellation. Franck Grux and Philippe Grillet make it their daily task to ensure the quality of the wines and respect for the terroir. As such, the estate’s approach is to treat each cuvée individually.

In a similar way, Olivier has continued to expand his estate since its creation. Running the business means guaranteeing maximum control over the vines. Today, the estate covers some 17 hectares, and is the result of carefully-managed acquisitions over the years.

Olivier Leflaive’s vocation is not just about making good wine. It is also about bringing a human face to the world of wine and breathing fresh life into it.
Maintaining a personalized and convivial relationship with his clients, taking the time to share the richness, diversity and sensitivity of the world of wine through a complete oeno-touristic immersion from vine to glass – these are some of Olivier Leflaive’s other ambitions.


Grape(s) Pinot Noir
Farming Sustainable